Achieve Your Optimal Well-Being
Workshops & Health Education
Balanced Wellness LLC provides online, hybrid, or in-person workshops focused on helping participants achieve their optimal health and wellness. Similar to challenges, weekly content is intended to be worked through with a health coach. However, participants may complete the workshop on their own. For corporate wellness programs, employers have the choice of implementing employee incentive programs and offering incentive points for completing workshops. Our on-site workshops utilize the CoreHealth Wellness platform, weekly support sessions, and digital health coaching between sessions. We also provide hybrid workshops. The hybrid format includes a combination of face-to-face sessions and digital sessions, which include video clips and telephonic wellness coaching.
We also offer a one-year, diabetes prevention program developed by the CDC—Prevent T2 Diabetes. In addition to being a CDC-approved organization, we also have two certified Lifestyle Wellness Coaches (CDC) who are committed to arming individuals with the skills and knowledge they need to prevent diabetes. Prevent T2 is offered digitally, in-person, or as a hybrid workshop. Our unique community model is the perfect addition to corporate wellness programs since it allows employers to refer clients to community groups in addition to offering them onsite. This has been extremely popular with the Prevent T2 Program.
Chronic medical conditions account for 86% of all medical claims. Currently, the U.S. spends billions of dollars per year on chronic illness due to lost productivity, absenteeism, and direct medical costs. What is troubling yet also inspiring about this is that most chronic diseases can be prevented by improving diet, exercise habits, not smoking, and drinking in moderation. We aspire to be the catalyst for this change by focusing on the prevention of chronic disease and illness. One way we achieve this is through wellness and health coaches.
Wellness coaching is a promising strategy for reducing the incidence of chronic illnesses. According to the National Consortium of Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (NCCHWC), health coaches can be instrumental in creating and sustaining behavior change. “In the course of their work, health and wellness coaches display unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change, and honoring that each client is an expert on his or her life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental.” At Balanced Wellness it is our mission to affect as many people as possible through our wellness coaching programs.
A variety of modalities including in-person (individual or group), telephonic, or web-based have shown promise for behavior change. Wellness coaching has been utilized for several conditions and behaviors.
What is a Wellness Coach?
- A Wellness Coach’s role is improving the quality of wellness, self-confidence, and ability to help you maintain an increased level of overall wellness.
- Your coach will encourage you to think about and identify your personal wellness vision, roadblocks (bumps, rocks, curves), motivators, values, and strategies to overcome obstacles.
- The coach will communicate with you attentively, expect you to set realistic goals, brainstorm solutions for obstacles, provide advice when asked, and be direct and firm with feedback.
- Health coaches will arm you with exercise tools and nutritional tools like meal planners, healthy diet plans, and other devices to improve your wellness.
- Coaching sessions (in person, video, telephonic, or messaging only) will allow you to set three-month and weekly goals, with check-ins between meetings when needed. Wellness Coaching creates a truly unique relationship between the coach and client. When you start thinking critically about your own health, the road to wellness begins to make sense!