Next Program begins Monday, October 8th. Virtual Program with meeting at 5:30pm.
Last Program of the year begins Friday, November 9th at 12:00pm
Schedule a ‘Class Zero’ at your organization to inform participants about the program.
Balanced Wellness is a CDC recognized provider for the Prevent T2 Diabetes Program. The program is offered face-to-face or virtually. The program is designed for those at risk for Type 2 Diabetes.
Components of the 12-month, CDC-recognized Diabetes Prevention Lifestyle Change Program include:
- Weekly education/support – A support group of people with similar goals and challenges
- A lifestyle coach – specially trained to lead the program – to help you learn new skills, encourage you to set and meet goals, and keep you motivated
- Food and exercise program and trackin
- Meal plans and tracking
- Sample weekly content:
- Three Ways to Eat Less Fat and Fewer Calories
- Being Active – A way of Life
- Talk Back to Negative Thoughts
- Both in-person or online (hybrid) programs available
During the first 6-months of the program (meetings held weekly) you will learn:
- How to make healthier meals by including lots of vegetables, watching portion sizes and reducing calories
- Eat healthy without giving up all the foods you love
- Add physical activity to your life, even if you don’t think you have time
- Deal with stress
- Cope with challenges that can derail your hard work – like how to choose healthy food when eating out
- Get back on track if you stray from your plan – because everyone slips now and then
In the second half of the program (meetings held once or twice each month)
You will enhance the skills you have learned so you can maintain the changes you’ve made. These sessions will review key ideas such as tracking your food and physical activity, setting goals, staying motivated and overcoming barriers. You may learn some new information too. The lifestyle coach and small group will continue to support you.