Presence Over Presents: More ‘Being’ and Less ‘Doing’
With the many challenges we have faced in 2020, I would suggest we take a look at presence over presents this year. The question is, how do we do that knowing that we’re not necessarily able to meet in person? One of the many silver linings of the pandemic has included the focus on being present with others socially, even if we are physically separated. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Self-Care Stress Management Tips: It starts with us! Eating smart, moving more, getting enough sleep, managing time, and maintaining a positive attitude. Download our Reducing-Holiday-Stress-Mindfulness-Exercises that can be used during the holidays. The focus includes:
- Make time for yourself – put it ON your calendar.
- Practice mindfulness and meditation.
- Say no to invitations.
- Simplify life.
- Keep the holiday spirt showing kindness and compassion for self.
- Create a Special Virtual Celebration: Create a beautiful menu and possibly ship a meal that is similar with your family members! Another silver lining is the focus without distractions that can happen over a virtual platform–Make it planned versus just showing up!
- Above all – Reflect and Celebrate! If you are not a journal writer, now is a great time to buy a special journal and begin reflecting on 2020 and moving forward to 2021. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- What have I done in 2020 to improve my health? What can I plan to do in 2021?
- Keep a gratitude section to share with your family during the holidays. Build on it adding at least one gratitude a day!
Our Gift to You,
20-minute reflection coaching session!