Farmers Market Safety Measures
Farmers markets are ESSENTIAL. They are essential for the local economy, supporting small businesses, promoting clean produce, and increasing accessibility to healthy homemade goods. Not to mention, they are a fun, happy, and encouraging environment to be a part of.
With the mounting economic, social, and healthcare pressures COVID-19 is imparting on the U.S., it is important we implement personal safety measures and continue to support our local farmers markets.
What can you do to keep yourself safe at the farmers market?
- Remain 6 feet apart from all other customers and sellers.
- Wear a mask.
- Keep hand sanitizer with you and use it often.
- Do NOT grab anything on the seller’s stands; not for sampling or inspecting. Ask questions if you need help.
What can you do to keep yourself safe once you bring your produce and other goods home?
- Wash your produce thoroughly before storing it; and make sure it’s stored at a proper temperature.
- Wash any reusable produce bags you used.
- When you prepare your produce to eat, cut away any parts that look damaged or bruised and use clean utensils to prepare it the way you prefer.
Continued business will keep the farmers running; the fruits and vegetables will keep your immune system running. Support your local farmers!
Guidance ~ Consistency ~ Growth ~ Self-esteem ~ Purpose
Find your optimal well-being with us here at Balanced Wellness. We’re available to offer you resources for exercise, nutrition, and wellness– encompassing everything you need to stay healthy during this uncertain time. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.