Cooking Without Oil
Cooking with oil is something that people have done for thousands of years. However, what we have been taught about cooking oils isn’t necessarily healthy. Although some oils are healthier than others, many oils can have negative effects on our heart. Eliminating oil from your diet is a big step towards having a better diet. There are many easy ways to substitute cooking oils with another option or eliminate it all together!
About cooking oils:
– All oils can cause insulin resistance
– Gram for gram, certain oils have the same number of calories that is found in beef fat
– Coconut oil is 90% artery clogging saturated fat, while lard is only 40%
How can you cook without oil?
- Buy better, non-stick cookware and a silicone baking mat.
- Try a different method of cooking your food. I.e. saute, stir-fry, bake, or roast!
- Instead of deep-frying a food try using an air fryer.
Check out these tips: 3 Expert Tips for Cooking Without Oil
Try this simple stir fry recipe using a variety of vegetables from the farmers market and supplementing with fresh grocery produce. The video also introduces batch cooking. Want to learn more? Take the 4 week Healthy Summer Eating coaching session! Learn how certain foods can enhance your health and make healthy eating easy. Begins Wednesday, July 8th. Contact us at info@BalancedWellnessKY.com for more information.
Guidance ~ Consistency ~ Growth ~ Self-esteem ~ Purpose
Find your optimal well-being with us here at Balanced Wellness. We’re available to offer you resources for exercise, nutrition, and wellness– encompassing everything you need to stay healthy during this uncertain time. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.