Building a Positive Mindset
A positive mindset can change both your physical and mental health in many different ways. This mindset can help build your physical health because you can reduce stress and mood which can help reduce your chance for disease. The “power of positive thinking” is a phrase you may have heard before; it is a great tool that everyone should utilize every day to help improve ourselves in many ways. Here are 7 tips to help you start switching your thinking to a positive mindset today!
7 Tips to work towards a positive mindset
- Start the day with a positive affirmation
Focus on the good things, however small
- Focus on the benefits of a challenge that you come across during the day no matter how slight or unimportant they seem.
Find humor in bad situations
- The situation will probably make for a good story later
- Try to crack a joke about it.
Turn failures into lessons
- Instead of focusing on the failure itself, focus on how you can do it next time.
Transform negative self-talk into positive self-talk
- Negative thoughts can turn into internalized feelings and might form your perception of yourself
- Focus on the Present
Find positive friends, mentors, and co-workers
- Surrounding yourself with positive people will allow you to hear positive outlooks, stories, and affirmations.